Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Blog 2. An excellent film

Last night I was lucky enough to watch Black Swan. A work of art! Intelligent wonderfully acted superbly directed and viually stunning. Coming from the classical world of music I was struck by how true and well the swan lake was used. Unlike the recent film of the Nutcracke. Which was unbarable. The other move so for this year that uses classical music so convincingly is The Kings Speach. This has works by Mozart Beethoven and Brahms. As well as excellent score by Alexandre Desplat. however my favorite score this year so far is Hans Zimmer's Inception. It is a remarkably vibrant and musical feast.
So as for work I completed a commercial for The infinity car company. A very beautifully shot piece. And in NY they are half way through mixing a film I wrote songs fore and arranged and produced the actors who sang in the movie. Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Katherine Keener and I collaborated on an arrangement of Robbie Robinson's The Weight. And for 2 non singers they have done a remarkable job. I love them both. I have also taken on another movie project which I plan to talk more about in the new year. Lastly, I've decided to talk on every post just a little bit about my illness. Not a lot and mostly funny stuff that I've been told happened. Given the weather over the last few days this first story is fitting. I guess at some point in either January or February the weather lin califorina was similar to the last few and all I can remember is telling my wife not to Drive our vintage Aston Martin to the hospital from Hancock Park. Because it might get washed away. Instead she must take our truck. Funny thing is I've never owned an Astin Martin. I was very confused. Tonight I plan to watch inception again. More to follow tomorrow. Goodnight and Godbless. And remember who ever you are curling up with tonight be sweet and generous to one another. Life is to short and way to precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment