Monday, January 20, 2014

Rob the Mob

Rob the Mob is the title of the film I recently scored which will be in Theaters on March 21st. It's not just any old film, it's very personal to me. Not just because of the story, not because it's set in NY in 1992 the year I arrived from England, but, it's because of Raymond De Felitta. Raymond and I go back a longways,  I scored his Sundance hit Two Family House, but it's much more than that. Raymond had asked me to score City Island but I could not, I was too sick. Instead, Raymond would come to the hospital, bring locks, bagels and herring, and as always watch me fall asleep mid chew. He along with others were people I relayed on during my year of sickness, and particularly my 6 months at UCLA. So it gives me great satisfaction to tell you that this is the first film I've scored since my recovery and even more pleasure in telling you that this film is quite brilliant. I'm going link the trailer in to this blog.
It was scored quite unconventionally because Raymond and his brilliant editor David Leonard came and edited the film for 5 weeks in my studio. Them in one room, me in my writing room. It was so creative they would send me a scene, I would score it, send it down the wire back to them, they'd edit the film to my music or send it back to me for changes. At 5pm everyday we opened the Vodka and cranberry juice for libations, and we would continue the film making process. All movies should be made this way! When Bill Teitler came from NYC to see the first cut he was very impressed that film although running long had a fully original composed score. What a great way to work. Thank you Raymond! As we run up to the opening of the  film I'll talking more about writing and recording the music collaborating with Raymond on the main title song and all other things Rob the Mob, including the album which will be coming out on Lakeshore Records.

Until next time remember,  12 hugs a day keeps the doctor away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment